"able" means "can".
"bio" means "biology".
"aqua" means "water".
"en" means "change".
"vis" means "see".
"uni" means "only".
"multi" means "two or more".
"mono" means "one".
"sub" means "under"
"form" means "shape".
"trans" means "move"
"dis" means "not".
"ex" means "out".
"re" means "again".
"fy" means "make it so".
"ful" means "much".
"manu" means "hand".
"auto" means "without instruction"
"bi" means "two".
"tri" means "three"
"port" means "carry"
Word Choice 1⭐︎
1. Reaching the advanced level in English takes a ( ), so many people give up on the way there.
A. long B. second C. way D. action
2. Your English is fine ( ) you make some minor mistakes.
A. even B. but C. so D. though
3. Users can continue to learn English for a long time because of its ( ) cost and a lot of content.
A. high B. right C. reasonable D. expensive
4. The Japanese government plans to ( ) PC or a tablet to all students across Japan.
A. supply. B. adopt. C. distribute. D. build
5. This tool helps children to learn not only English ( ) also many subjects.
A. but B. and C. not D. both
Word Choice 2⭐︎
1. High-quality education is ( ) to all people.
A. valuable B. everlasting C. considerate D. fragile
2. English is a convenient ( ) in many fields.
A. subject B. academic C. tool D. formula
3. Some children do not receive ( ) supports to learn English.
A. seldom B. sufficient C. transparent D. kind.
4. Gaining English skills gives you new ( ) in your career and your personal life.
A. options B. jobs C. positions D. methods
5. The first responsibility is the ( ) of our service.
A. freedom B. quality C. action D. support
6. Our service ( ) you to get a new skill in English as necessary
A. allows B. enables C. forbids D. makes
Word Choice 3⭐︎
1. Pronunciations in Japanese are different ( ) those in English.
A. with B. from C. away D. and.
2. My goal is to make our income double ( ) the next decade.
A. for B. on C. in D. by
3. My yearly income will increase ( ) 3,000 dollars to 50,000 dollars.
A. from B. at C. over D. by
4. Our next meeting will be held ( ) April 3rd, 2022.
A. on B. in C. at D. around
5. What does critical thinking course cover in ( ) to management and innovation?
A. well B. as C. addition D. line
Word Choice 4⭐︎
1. Infants hear their parents talking to them and imitate their parents ( ) as "Dad and Mom".
A. for. B. to. C. like. D. such.
2. As ( ) 2021, the country's economy is the third-largest by nominal Gross Domestic Product after the United States and China.
A. when. B. on. C. of. D. in.
3. Southern islands have a subtropical climate with mild winters and humid summer ( ) of the southeast seasonal wind.
A. thanks. B. due. C. because. D. owing.
4. The University of Tokyo was ( ) in 1877 as the first national university in Japan.
A. established. B. built. C. developed. D. started.
5. Many high school students study hard every year to be ( ) to Harvard University.
A. awarded. B. admitted. C. passed. D. evaluated.
This page contains false information. These sentences are for learning purpose only.
Let’s study English grammar using wine made in Italy.
This year, Italy is the largest wine producer.
Next year, Italy will be the largest wine producer.
3 years later, Italy will be the largest wine producer.
Last year, Italy was the largest wine producer.
In 2020, Italy was the largest wine producer.
In ancient world, Italy was the largest wine producer.
Italy has been the largest wine producer for the last 5 years.
Italy has been the largest wine producer since 2018.
This year, Italy may be the largest wine producer.
Next year, Italy may become the largest wine producer.
Italy would be the largest wine producer in 2021, if there was not a storm hitting Rome in summer.
Italy would have been the largest wine producer in 2009, if there had not been a cold weather in summer.
Amount and numbers.
Italy can produce as much as 2 billion bottles of wine every year.
Italy can produce such a large amount of wine every year.
Italy produces as many as 3 million types of wine as of 2005.
Italy produces only 5 types of wine as of 2005.
Wine is made from grapes.
Wine producers use grapes to make wine.
Word Choice 5⭐︎
Your life will be more fun if you are ( ) in English.
A. good. B. speak. C. fluent. D. professional.
2. We do not intend to ( ) expensive services in English education. However, we believe that a high-quality English program should be offered to all students.
A. confirm. B. deny. C. develop. D. back.
3. The ( ) objective is to learn English, and SDGs are secondary.
A. first. B. prime. C. primary. D. one.
4. We think about a systematic ( ) like counting on the number of playing our YouTube channel.
A. calculation. B. order. C. regulation. D. learning.
5. We wish to reflect our value into the two donations as our corporate social ( ).
A. business. B. responsibility. C. activity. D. mission.
6. We are not workaholic at all. We, as an ( ), do not require a lot of overtime work.
A. entity. B. institution. C. employee. D. employer.
Word Choice 6⭐︎
1. Is there a difference ( ) profitable customers and average customers?
A. between. B. both. C. from. D. with.
2. In Math class, elementary students learn how to calculate numbers by addition, ( ), multiplication, and division.
A. transaction. B. conviction. C. ambition. D. subtraction.
3. A library provides a ( ) study space for students on campus.
A. loud. B. noisy. C. quiet. D. isolated.
4. For Japanese nationals, six years at elementary school and three years at junior high school (total nine years) are ( ).
A. compulsory. B. elective. C. necessary. D. curriculum.
5. Also, there are many ( ) for you in your life from studying in university.
A. majors. B. missions. C. expenses. D. benefits.
6. The best timing for ( ) college is different for every person.
A. joining. B. taking. C. participating. D. attending.
Word Choice 7⭐︎
1. Children ( ) from elementary school at the age of 12 and then learn through secondary education at junior high school.
A. elaborate. B. graduate. C. enroll. D. complete.
2. Although foreign nationals are not subject to ( ) education in Japan, they may enter local elementary school or junior high schools if they wish.
A. mandatory. B. required. C. beneficial. D. specific.
3. That car is ( ) and very practical for family to drive for more than 10 years.
A. up-to-date. B. outdated. C. durable. D. long.
4. Can you ( ) to pay tuition for 4 years, or can your parents provide financial supports?
A. afford. B. allow. C. enable. D. wish.
5. 4 years during undergraduate is a large ( ) of time and money.
A. invention. B. investment. C. intervention. D. inventory.
6. When searching schools for your application, information online is a convenient source. It is good to set some ( ) when selecting s school.
A. evaluation. B. appraisal. C. brief. D. criteria.
Word Choice 8⭐︎
1. Two-thirds of the global population live under some water ( ) at least one month of the year.
A. overuse. B. amount. C. shortage. D. extent.
2. The water consumption does not change as large as the river flow. To keep water ( ), the Japanese government constructed dams.
A. supply. B. demand. C. flow. D. capability.
3. Poverty is the state of not having enough material possessions or ( ) for basic needs.
support. B. work. C. asset. D. income.
4. Relative poverty occurs when a person cannot meet a minimum living ( ) compared to others in the same society.
A. average. B. goal. C. standard. D. need.
5. Strategies of increasing income to make basic needs more affordable typically include ( ), economic freedoms, and providing financial services.
A. security. B. welfare. C. labor. D. tactics.
Word Choice 9⭐︎
Have you ever ( ) to Tokyo? Yes, I have ( ) to Tokyo three times.
A. been. B. gone. C. visited. D. gotten.
2. Do you know the visitor ( ) will come to our office tomorrow? I am sorry I have no idea on that.
A. which. B. whose. C. who. D. when.
3. The woman I met the last week told me that she ( ) travel to Paris this month.
A. should. B. could. C. might. D. would.
4. If I had been rich, I ( ) enjoyed traveling around the world.
A. would. B. have. C. would have. D. had.
5. If you ( ) speak English, what would you do? I would work at a multinational company.
A. should. B. could. C. can. D. may.
Word Choice 10⭐︎
1. A social networking service is an online ( ) that people use to build social relationships with other people.
A. engine. B. platform. C. principle. D. dictionary.
2. SNS enables users to share similar ( ) or career interests, activities, or backgrounds on computers, tablets, and smartphones.
A. academic. B. individual. C. personal. D. favorite.
3. Data Analytics is the extensive use of data, ( ) analysis, predictive models, and fact-based management to drive decisions and actions.
A. statistical. B. holistic. C. comprehensive. D. hand-made.
4. Learning in company is to study experiences to get more insights and ( ) more business value.
A. develop. B. drive. C. derive. D. provide.
5. In clustering, samples are separated into two or more ( ) clusters by characteristics such as color, shape, size, etc.
A. multiple. B. separate. C. than. D. individual.